You’ve made the commitment to earn your degree. Your military training and life experience put you in a great position to start today at Northwood University. Admissions and enrollment processes are designed to be straightforward and trouble-free.
Yellow Ribbon Program for Veterans, Service Members and Eligible Family
Northwood University has renewed a voluntary agreement with the Department of Veteran Affairs to support eligible veterans and family members to pursue an education at Northwood University through the Post-9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program.
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill® that can help eligible students lessen the financial impact of attending private schools. Post-9/11 GI Bill® payments at private schools are limited to a national maximum. The balance of tuition and fees left after that goes to the student; the Yellow Ribbon Program closes that gap.
The VA will verify eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon program, but general qualifications include:
-Served at least 36 months of active duty after September 10, 2001;
– Was honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
– Is a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®
Northwood’s participation provides an additional $7,000 ($3,500 Northwood and VA match) for up to 250 students in each of our traditional and graduate school programs.
Our support for military students to pursue private education across our system remains significant
– For Traditional campus students, our participation level is sufficient to cover tuition and fees for the Fall and Spring semesters so that the eligible student has no out-of-pocket expense for this. Additional funds would be needed for summer classes depending on the number of classes taken.
– For Graduate school students, our participation level will cover the total cost of tuition and fees for most graduate degrees and over 80% of the accelerated full-time degree.
– Our Adult Degree Program is already built to suit active-duty and veteran students with military and veteran pricing structures. Students in this program do not need to use Yellow Ribbon since their cost of attendance is under the annual cap.
To find out more about how you can maximize your education benefits, contact your expert School Certifying Official
For over 40 years, Northwood University has provided voluntary education programs to our nation’s service members, veterans and military family members aboard military installations. With this proud history, we have developed an understanding of the unique needs and experiences those who served in the military and their families have as they pursue higher education. Our programs have earned national and international recognition for our quality business education program. Here are some our highlights:
– Approved for Education Benefits (G.I. Bill®; DoD Tuition Assistance)
– TA education benefits accepted at all Northwood locations and online (Tuition cost varies by program and location).
– Participant in Yellow Ribbon Program for Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Designed for Residential Campus and Graduate programs)
– Exclusive reduced tuition in Adult Degree Programs; spouse and dependents included
– Local Veterans Certifying Officials and academic advisors
– Military training evaluated for college credit in all undergraduate degrees!
– Flexible learning models: onsite, online or both.
A business education is an excellent way to improve and leverage your leadership skills and experience. Northwood University is teamed with experienced professionals supporting all or degree programs to help you earn your degree. I encourage you to explore all that Northwood has to offer through this website, and call one of our representatives. I am confident you will like what you see and hear.